Website Strategy – Avoiding the Costly Mistakes Others Make
Without the information these questions provide, the site invariably doesn’t perform as you had hoped. It either :
- gets no visitors (traffic)
- or the visitors it gets don’t make contact with you.
Either way, you lose.
Here are the four questions you must ask:
1. Why do you want the website – what does it have to do for you?
- You may want it to act as a brochure so the prospective clients can find out about your services.
- You may want it so your medical or dental reception staff can refer clients to relevant pages of photos or service information.
- You may want it to increase your profile in the medical community.
- You may want it to make the job of your receptionist easier.
- You may want your clients or staff to log in to review certain information.
2. Who do you want to have visit?
- Do you want prospective clients to visit to find out about your product / service?
- Or do you want your existing customers to visit, and why?
- Maybe it’s a news site where you want to deliver news on latest medical research.
3. How are they going to find it?
Today, sites are found by entering a search term into a search engine. Everybody wants to be on the front page of Google, but aren’t quite sure what they want to be there for.
You need to know
- what search terms you want to be found under.
- exactly what your customer is entering into the search engine to find you.
Wellsites can help by conducting keyword research so we present your story to them in the words terms they want to read.
Unless you have a highly visible offline profile, it’s unlikely they will directly enter your business name or your URL. So, remembering that every competitor you have wants to be on the front page as well… you have to consider SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and its implications.
4. What do you want them to do once they’re there?
- Do you want them to buy something?
- Do you want them to sign up for a newsletter, download more information, or an appointment form?
- Do you want them to fill out a Contact form?
- Do you want them to pick up the phone and call?
It comes down to having an exact understanding of the outcome you want from your medical, dental or health care website.
Building a website is much more than having a beautiful website design.
Creating a successful website is a science.
When you contact us we will discuss
- How people will find your website
- Exactly what you want them to do when they get there.
- Best Practice – the essential “do’s and don’ts” that make your website user friendly and easy to navigate.